What is a comprehensive Student Assitance Program?
SAP is an evidence-based prevention framework that can be tailored to each school and community served. Based on the principals of Employee Assistance Program, Student Assistance Program (SAP) addresses social and emotional issues which are barriers to a young person’s learning such as substance abuse, violence and bullying. SAP assists students in achieving academic and social success by promoting healthy development, reducing barriers to learning and building upon strengths.
MORE ABOUT SAP
Student Assistance Programs
- utilize a comprehensive systems approach of effective practices principle and strategies to respond to K-12 student challenges.
- are designed to reduce risk factors, promote protective factors, increase asset development and foster resilience.
- provide school-based prevention, intervention and aftercare support services to staff, students and families.
The 9 Constructs of Comprehensive Student Assistance Programming
- School Board Policy
- Staff Development
- Program Awareness
- Internal Referral Process
- Problem Solving Team & Case Management
- Direct Services to Students
- Cooperation & Collaboration with Community Agencies & Resources
- Integration with Other School-Based Programs
- Student Assistance Program Data & Response